Why Give A Crap What I Say? It's JUST me.

Why should you give a crap about me? I have no idea... BUT....I want to thank you for joining me on my journey of a super shitty - averagely happy - drama filled - absolutely hilariously funny life.
I clearly feel the need to spill my guts about what is happening in my life to people I don't know. The funniest most off color TRUE stories you've ever heard - and when you least expect it, you'll cry like a baby.

The photo you are seeing is "my" yard in the summer. A home is not a place it is the inhabitants that make it a home.

With love, Alyce

November 14, 2011

Radiation Waiting Lounge



This picture was taken day our beautiful baby daughter was born.    7-8-10


My husband started to naturally gray this year.  He still looks so young, so healthy.  


How were we to know that a tumor, bigger than a grapefruit, was waiting to make its appearance so soon after this beautiful day..


His facial hair is now fully gray thanks to the chemo drugs he was taking.    


A new drug will be started next week - the prior drug failed us miserably.  Hopefully there will be less pain this time.


Radiation in my husband's case is used for pain control.  PAIN CONTROL - REALLY???  He is given radiation in a room with a door that is 6 inches thick.  He is alone on a hard board, while the technicians stay OUTSIDE of the room for their safety.


How did we get here?  


My beautiful daughter Adelaide recently saw a picture of her daddy from last year......


"I knew it was to good to be true."  Our big girl struggled to say.  
"What do you mean."  I ask.
"Our life, it was just so....so perfect.  And, now........it's just not."   She answered.


Now I wait, in the lounge.  A lounge?  Really.  Where the heck is my cocktail, if this is a "lounge"? 


Other families are here.  Are they feeling the same pain - sadness -despair?  Are they telling their children to be "grateful" for today because they just don't know what's going to happen. 


I am thankful for today.  Because today I get to hold my husband's hand.   



in·cur·a·ble/inˈkyo͞orəbəl/

Adjective:
(of a sick person or a disease) Not able to be cured.
Noun:
A person who cannot be cured.



We'll just see about that...

WON'T WE




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me. Love - Alyce